With its Cappadocia feature, it is among the regions that are the key to tourism. Cappadocia is among the most important settlements in terms of history and culture. Nature and history are intertwined. It is among the places that many country citizens want to visit. The Cappadocia region is among the regions spread over several cities. It is among the places of interest in terms of its greenery, nature, history and cultural features. It originated about 60 million years ago. It is also among the regions rich in tourism.
ACTIVITIES TO BE DONE IN CAPPADOCIA
There are activities in the Cappadocia region where you can experience different and special experiences. We recommend that you plan the activities you will do in the most appropriate way for your time, for how many days you will stay in the region. You can check out our activities to do in Cappadocia region.
PLACES TO VISIT IN CAPPADOCIA
We can say that Cappadocia is one of the first places to come and see in Turkey. With its different historical textures and uniquely beautiful natural environments, you will both travel and learn, and you will enjoy a unique experience by visiting different places among the historical natural textures. Cappadocia is a region full of beauties that millions of local and foreign tourists come and see and cannot finish by telling the people around them on their return from vacation.
TOURS IN CAPPADOCIA
The Cappadocia region is a place where history and unique natural beauties come together. We recommend that visitors who do not want to miss out on both the abundance of sightseeing areas and activities in the region make the most of their time with the right tour programs. You can get detailed information about Cappadocia region tours on our page.
Areas that must be seen, such as underground cities and fairy chimneys, are within the borders of Nevşehi province. We also recommend you to stop by Nevşehir center and visit the newly opened underground city with your souvenirs. Avanos, Ürgüp, Ortahisar, Uçhisar, Derinkuyu regions are connected to Nevşehir province.
Guests who come to the Cappadocia region for holiday trips and rest should first research how to get to Nevşehir. No matter which city you are in, we tried to create the most accurate routes for those who will prefer your private vehicles, bus, plane or train.
Features of Cappadocia’s cave stone and city hotels
WHAT TO EAT IN CAPPADOCIA
Where and what to eat in Cappadocia, unique tastes of Anatolian cuisine
ACTIVITIES TO BE DONE IN CAPPADOCIA
As an advice to those who will go to Cappadocia, try to spend every hour of your holiday in the right place by making a good planning before coming to the region.
- You Must Visit Underground Cities – Derinkuyu
- Goreme Gulludere Valley Walk – Gullu Dere Valley
- Take ATV Tour
- Horse ride among fairy chimneys
- Take a Balloon tour on unique beauties
- Experience Pottery Making in Avanosta
- Visit Avanos Hair Museum for a Different Experience
- Tour Goreme Open Air Museum
- Have Breakfast with Balloons at Sunrise
- Walk from Güvercinlik Valley to Göreme
- Choose your hotel right Choose a room carved from the rock
- See the Wine house (factory) in Ürgüp
- Ihlara Valley Take a Nature-Smelling Hiking
- See Kizilcukur Valley
- Attend Turkish Night After Dinner
RECOMMENDATIONS TO THOSE GOING TO CAPPADOCIA
Before you come to the Cappadocia region, you will make the right decision if you plan your holiday according to the season and the conditions such as how many days you will spend in the Cappadocia region. If we make a general assessment on this planning and conditions, we will try to answer some of the questions you seek in the form of short titles.
- When to go to Cappadocia? All seasons of the year are suitable for visiting, but we recommend spring and autumn as the most suitable seasons. We recommend that the Cappadocia region is the right time for cool temperatures with the abundance of walking areas.
- What should we take with us on the Cappadocia tour? If we consider the rough natural conditions of Cappadocia tours, terrain and natural walking areas, historical places; 1- A good bag in which you will not drop your valuables such as your phone, wallet 2- The most suitable shoes for you 3- The most suitable clothes for you, since the summers are hot and dry, the winters are harsh depending on the season you are in 4- We recommend you to have snacks and water in your bag as there are long walking areas .
- What to do in Cappadocia for a day? In the Region, our recommendations may change depending on your arrival conditions. If you like to come and walk for the day. You can end your day with a walk in Göreme open air museum and its nearby valleys. Our recommendation would be to join package tours such as Red, Blue and Green tours. For detailed information, we can create a plan according to your conditions.
- How many days are enough for Cappadocia? Since the region covers a large area and there are places to do many activities, you should allocate at least 4-5 days to this region. 4 You can still sigh that I will do the following when you return from your 5-day holiday and the next time I come. Is it possible to visit Cappadocia in one day? I say don’t even think about it.
- What are the places worth seeing in Cappadocia? Of course, every part of the region is full of its own unique features. But when we say Cappadocia, the first things that come to our minds are the Uçhisar Castle, Güvercinlik Valley, Three Beauties Fairy Chimneys, Göreme Love Valley, Zelve Çavuşin Region, located in Göreme Ürgüp Uçhisar region.
- What to wear while riding a balloon? Our advice for those who want to participate in the balloon tour, which is one of the most preferred activities by those who come to the Cappadocia region, is that we recommend you to wear long sleeves and a little thick, even in summer, since balloon tours usually take place in the early hours of the morning. The climate conditions of the region are between night and day, even in summer. It can differ between 10 and 15 degrees.
Cappadocia Hotel Deals
Millions of local and foreign tourists visit the Cappadocia region every day of the year. Due to the size of the region, its historical structure and the abundance of natural sightseeing places, there is a need to stay in the region for at least 2 to 10 days. Due to this density, although there are quite a lot of hotels, there are densities in some months. Those who come to the region have questions about hotel prices, which is one of the most curious subjects. We will try to give you information about hotel prices in Cappadocia valid for 2023.
- Cappadocia hotel prices may vary depending on which period you will come to the region at first. Since the region receives a lot of foreign tourist visits, there is an increase in hotel prices in the region in the spring and autumn seasons.
- There may be changes in hotel prices in the region depending on the change in early reservations.
- The characteristics of the hotels in the region are changing. If your choice is a cave cave room, the prices of these rooms may be higher. If you calculate to stay in a stone room, you will encounter a moderate price. For those who want to visit the region and say that the room is not important, there are city hotels and standard hotels.
- Another factor affecting hotel prices is that staying in a hotel in the Cappadocia region is higher, while the prices of hotels 3-5 km away from the region are even more affordable.
- Since the room features of Cappadocia hotels are not standard, each room has its own special price. Prices vary depending on the room you choose.
- Prices vary depending on the breakfast, lunch or dinner you get in the hotel.
In terms of hotel prices, you may experience price differences depending on the features and preferences you choose.
In terms of history, Cappadocia dates back to 60 to 65 million years ago. Cappadocia is among the oldest tourism regions. It is among the places that have been visited for many years and included in the list of places to be seen by many countries with its wonderful nature. In the 11th and 12th centuries, it became a region that fell under the Turkish domination by the Seljuks.
It is among the favorite centers of the world with its architectural and tourism rich areas. There are also region-specific settlements in the Cappadocia region. The region, which was carved into the rocks and became a traditional culture, is one of the areas visited by many people with its settlement areas. In the history of Cappadocia, it is also in the region that has spread to the provinces of Nevşehir, Kırşehir, Niğde, Kayseri and Aksaray. It is also one of the top places to visit.
It is among the regions that are on the world agenda and carry the traces of many nations in our country. There are many places to visit in the region. Each area has its own unique architectural, artistic and historical features. It is one of the first places among the regions that provide information about the culture and history of Cappadocia and civilizations. There are many houses and churches carved into the rocks. The fact that there are special areas for each religion has made it one of the areas to be visited.
Among the characteristics of the Cappadocia region, it makes a difference with the new living architecture carved into the rocks and dovecotes. Among the architectural features of the region, stone is widely used. Rocks harden and take shape more easily. Every material used is in a structure that can be easily processed.
CAPPADOCIA FAIRY CHIMNEYS
The fairy chimneys, which attract the attention of tourists with their special appearances, are beauties created by the natural conditions of the years. You can learn detailed information about the natural structure of the fairy chimneys, which are the first remarkable formations of the Cappadocia region, from our topic. How the Cappadocia fairy chimneys were formed, they have their own legendary stories.
HOW TO GET TO CAPPADOCIA
When we say Cappadocia region, it covers a wide region. The most important places and a large part of the Cappadocia region are located within the provincial borders of Nevşehir. Visitors coming to the Cappadocia region, no matter which city or country they are in, should set their arrival route to Nevşehir province. Although we do not give detailed information for everything, from a general point of view, there are 8-9 hours by bus between Istanbul and Cappadocia, 6 hours for those who will come by private car, and 1 hour for those who will come by plane.
CAPPADOCIA ADANA 253 km 2 hours, 46 minutes
CAPPADOCIA ANKARA 272 km 3 hours, 29 minutes
CAPPADOCIA DIYARBAKIR 648 km 8 hours, 34 minutes
CAPPADOCIA ISTANBUL 747 km 7 hours, 51 minutes
CAPPADOCIA IZMIR 760 km 9 hours, 45 minutes
CAPPADOCIA MERSIN 261 km 2 hours, 54 minutes
CAPPADOCIA MUĞLA 745 km 10 hours, 1 min
CAPPADOCIA VAN 980 km 12 hours, 39 minutes
We tried to help you how to get to Cappadocia region from different cities with the help of google maps maps. Even adding Nevşehir province from your province to your maps will bring you the closest to the location you want.
General Excursions and Activities to Do in Cappadocia
Cappadocia is in the first place among the places to visit in terms of cultural tourism and history throughout every period. There are many different activities for those who are looking for different activities to do. Preparations for a new activity have also been started for those who prefer the region for vacation and sightseeing.
Among the things to do in Cappadocia, you can start your tour by exploring the many historical sites and structures within the borders of the Cappadocia region. Regions such as Cappadocia, Ürgüp, Göreme and Avanos are also among the rich areas in terms of every structure. You can also visit these areas by walking or cycling. You can continue your holiday by visiting many underground cities in the Cappadocia region. You can also apply the idea of visiting underground cities among the top 10 methods to do.
Many valleys with Fairy Chimneys are located in the Cappadocia region. You can continue your trip by watching Fairy Chimneys and discovering new places. Cappadocia Fairy Chimneys are among the protected areas around the world. It is one of the wonderful structures with its natural structures and its spontaneous formation over time. You can also visit the Zelve Valley, Kızılçukur, Love Valley, Kızıl Valley where Fairy Chimneys are concentrated, and see new places and wonderful natural formations.
Balloon tours are one of the most suitable travel areas for those who want to have a bird’s eye view of many different historical sites in the Cappadocia region. With balloon tours, you can get the chance to see many historical and geographical areas and the structure from the air in a short time. At the same time, there are ATV usage areas within the region.
You can use an ATV or ride a horse in mountainous and rough terrain. You can also search for different tastes in the Cappadocia region and want to find new places. You can enjoy the moment by actively participating in the nights, which are also defined as Cappadocia Turkish nights. As accommodation, you should definitely prefer the hotels that are carved into the rocks and used, that is, the hotels in the rocks.
How Many Days to Visit Cappadocia?
When you look at Cappadocia tours, you can see that they are usually organized for a few days. However, Cappadocia is a very large region. It would be unfair to this region and to yourself to spend only a few days. For this reason, it is useful to take care to spare at least 3-4 days if possible. However, if you have a short time, you can visit the important points in Cappadocia.
• You will see many fairy chimneys during your trip to Cappadocia. For this, you can visit the Göreme and Ürgüp regions.
• Göreme National Park and Open Air Museum is one of the most important points of Cappadocia. There are many churches in the area. These churches, which date back to the 10th and 11th centuries, are very important for you to understand Cappadocia.
• Uçhisar Castle was built on 2 fairy chimneys and is very important for the region. You should definitely take a break in Uçhisar to watch the view of Cappadocia and visit this historical building.
• Cappadocia is a highly developed region in terms of underground cities. The favorable structure of the land and the frequent invasions in the region caused the people to seek shelter in certain regions, so many underground cities were built. Derinkuyu Underground City is known as the largest underground city both in Cappadocia and in the world. Today, 8 floors are open to visitors. it is not yet fully discovered and is estimated to be about 12 times higher. Building a living space at a depth of 100 meters thousands of years ago is quite fascinating. For this reason, there are many legends about Derinkuyu Underground City.
• Hot air balloons have become the symbol of Cappadocia. Balloon tours, especially at sunrise and sunset, are extremely popular. If you wish, you can ride hot air balloons, or you can only take photos.
• There are many valleys in the region. Especially if you like to spend time in nature, you can take a walk in these valleys. In addition, you can be sure that you will see structures from the old periods of history at every step you take.
• Pottery is highly developed in Cappadocia. Moreover, visitors are allowed to participate in pottery making in pottery workshops in the region. If you wish, you can make your own pots and buy gifts for your loved ones.
While organizing a Cappadocia travel guide, especially the places and areas where there are resting areas and dining areas are researched. There are many delicious dishes in the Cappadocia region, but among the famous dishes unique to the region, there is a stew with chickpeas. You can also eat dishes such as bulgur pilaf, water pastry, tandoori, rice pudding and desserts. The most preferred and consumed pastries are pancake and Kayseri ravioli. We recommend you to eat the original test kebab as a meat dish. It is possible to find every meal and dessert you want in many different places.
Cappadocia food is a subject that is researched to eat the most authentic and region-specific dishes among historical areas. In terms of food, there are places that offer delicious food in the Cappadocia region. There are many cafes and restaurant-style businesses where different flavors come together and create a new taste. Each establishment offers their meals under different designs.
Below, you can find the information link you need to eat the closest and special Cappadocia dishes for you to choose according to your location and location.
Cappadocia is a structure formed as a result of natural formations approximately 60 million years ago. Erciyes emerged with the erosion of the layers formed as a result of lava and ashes sprayed by Hasan Mountain and Güllü Mountain over time.
The season to go to Cappadocia should generally be spring and autumn seasons. In terms of its characteristic feature, Cappadocia is located in a region with a continental climate. The visits to be made should not be made especially in very cold and hot weather and the trip should be planned by choosing a warm weather during the trip. The arrival of spring will also bring many different creatures to the surface.
Cappadocia is spread over a wide area as a region. It is a region that spreads to the provinces of Nevşehir, Kırşehir, Aksaray, Niğde and Kayseri. It is a region that has gained fame by spreading with many cities that will consist of an area of 250 square kilometers.
Göreme, Avanos, Uçhisar, Ürgüp are among the places visited and visited the most in Cappadocia. Due to their historical and geographical features, they are places visited by many visitors regardless of the period. Every structure bearing the traces of many different civilizations such as churches, monasteries, castles, historical museums is located in these regions. Accommodations are also spread throughout the region. Millions of citizens visit the regions throughout the year.
Today, when one thinks of Cappadocia, Nevşehir and its districts come to mind first, but in fact, Cappadocia has spread over a very large area. Kayseri, Niğde and Akhisar are also included in the Cappadocia region. Urgup; It is a town connected to Nevşehir. In short, when we say Ürgüp, you can understand that it is included in Cappadocia. However, Cappadocia is not just Urgup.